A rich and complex Ethiopian blend of 15 stone ground spices including paprika, cumin and ginger giving an intense flavour and lingering warmth.
Gluten free and vegan friendly.
Some ways to use Berbere:
- Drizzle chickpeas, eggplant, zucchini and tomato with olive oil, sea salt and freshly ground pepper and roast at 180°C for 30 minutes. Toss through 3 or so tablespoons of Alexandra’s Berbere and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Mix with rice bran oil and brush over chicken or red meat one hour before grilling.
- Mix with butter and knead into dough for bread.
- Dice potatoes into small cubes and toss through olive oil, sea salt and pepper and Alexandra’s Berbere. Bake in a roasting dish for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Add to soups or casseroles.
- Use it as a seasoning for baked tofu
- Blend with softened butter to spread over anything!
- Add to ground beef when browning it for tacos or burritos